2 days course
Overview – Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs for short) are used to ensure consistency and quality within your business and ensures that the right people are trained for the job. It will sit out the policies and protocols of any company in a written format that is easily accessible to employees.
This module will help the learner gain knowledge for the theory behind and practical tips for implementing Standard Operating Procedures. Including, understanding what a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is, understanding the value of SOP’s, assessments and training matrices – and understanding how to write all three documents.
This training is partly on the job training included. The participants, managers and supervisors, will be made aware, of how to productively create and SOP on the spot.
SOP’s will help the current employees to perform equally in the same set up and quality.
When new employees are trained, SOPs will help keep their training fresh and serve as an important reference tool.
The functions of SOP include:
- Training of staff
- A means of standardisation and sharing best practice
- A tool to help manage the workplace
- An audit document – training, risk, best practice
- Document control
Having completed this module learners will be able to:
- Understand what a Standard Operating Procedure is
- Understand the value of SOPs, assessments and training matrices
- Understand how to write all three documents
- To enhance technical skill and productivity
- Two improve the quality of workforce / versatile workforce
- To efficiently utilize resources
This module is aimed at anyone within a business wishing to standardise practice and improve productivity. This module is equally useful to anyone outside a business as well, who would like to understand Standard Operating Procedures.
Day 1 :
Training room training
- The difference between a job description and SOP
- Introduction to SOP and SWP
- Understanding the reason behind and SOP
- Kind of SOP’s
- Choose a format
- A proper SOP template
- Pass on the how, don’t forget the why
- Training procedures on SOP
- Checking performances and Job Cycle checks
Day 2 :
On site training
- Why a video SOP can be more effective than a written SOP
- How to convert the written SOP into proper visual picture
- The do’s and don’ts
- The correct way to shoot a video
- Storyboard, positioning, Lightning and backgrounds