While many who enter into management and leadership roles want to be genuinely liked by the workers they supervise, seeking popularity for its own sake can be a dead-end path. Many have tried to lead while seeking popularity only to find that, indeed, they are loved but not respected. Becoming a more likeable boss however does not mean you have to sacrifice respect. However, being a likeable boss and a respected boss does mean you have to learn to be more effective.
- Understand how to develop leadership qualities
- Know how to delegate effectively
- Choose inspirational and engaging tasks for yourself and others
- Use wisdom and understanding to lead others
- Identify the roles of your team
- Learn how to trust others and earn their trust.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: Is it Better to be Loved or Feared?
- Module Three: Leadership as Service
- Module Four: Leadership by Design
- Module Five: Understanding Motivation
- Module Six: Constructive Criticism
- Module Seven: The Importance of Tone
- Module Eight: Trusting Your Team
- Module Nine: Earning the Trust of Your Team
- Module Ten: Building and Reinforcing Your Team
- Module Eleven: You are the Boss of You