Hospitals share the same principles as hotels, as they often have similar departments
This training provides basic training for these departments.
We included safety, as it is often overlooked and only implemented after an accident occurs.
This workshop is ideal for new employees and to introduce the services to rank-and-file employees and supervisors.
The package can be taken as a whole, or separated into individual topics, depending on your requirements.
We are able to customize each topic.
This training is not to be compared to our other trainings such as “Housekeeping” and “Safety in the workplace” which have different topics and modules all together.
This package can be completed with our training on “Delivering Exceptional Customer Service” if requested.
- Understand the necessity of quality in the housekeeping department
- Execute a flawless set up of a hospital room
- Apply basic activities associated with the sequential functions, define them and correctly associate each with its sequential function
- Create a greater awareness of grooming and etiquette skills that will help to increase the poise and confidence in any formal professional and social situation
- Apply the skills in serving guests with food and beverages
- Understand the sequence of service operations and equipment required
- Understand the variety of resources required for the operation
- Control the inventories and cost
- Know how customers satisfaction can be achieved
- Create a full satisfaction for the customers and to make sure the first contact with the hospital is optimal
- Be exposed to the operation at the front office department so they can gain a basic hospitality knowledge and embraced skills to a structured training program.
- Develop the basic knowledge to operate the telephone, the computer system and to deal with any situation that can occur at the front office
- Communicate with the housekeeping department
- Define workplace safety
- Understand legal responsibilities associated with a safe work environment
- Create a safety plan and identify hazards
- Recognize the role of management
- Develop training procedures
- Learn how to implement a safety plan
Module 1- HOUSEKEEPING BASICS DAY 1
- Introduction To The Job
- Types Of Cleaning & Tools
- Cleaning Methods
- Preparing The Patient Room
- Interaction With The Patients
- Supervising The Job
- Reporting & Communicating With the Front Office
Module 2 - FRONT OFFICE BASICS DAY 2
- Proper Uniforms
- How To Handle VIP And Walk In Guests
- What To Do On Busy Days
- Building Telephone Skills For Hospital Staff
- Daily Task List – Front Office
- Front Office Staff Rules And Regulations
- Handling Guest Complaints In Hospitals
- Communication Between Front Office And Housekeeping
- SOP Discussion
Module 3 - CANTEEN BASICS DAY 3
- Hygiene And Grooming For Food Service Personnel
- Staff Attributes, Skills And Knowledge
- How To Take Orders
- Serving Skills And Sequence
- Canteen Areas And Equipment
- The Menu, Menu Knowledge And Accompaniments
- Guests Contact
- Setup Of Tables And Chairs In The Restaurant And Meeting Rooms
Module 4 - BUSINESS ETIQUETTE & PERSONAL GROOMING FRONT OFFICE BASICS DAY 4
- Understanding Business Etiquette
- Networking For Success
- The Meet And Greet
- Etiquette Of Dressing
- Personal Grooming
- Customer Contact And Behavior
- Social Situation Behavior
- Business Etiquette In The Hospital
Module 5 - SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE DAY 5
- An Overview
- Types Of Hazards
- Managers Role
- Staff Training
- Stress Management
- Workplace Violence
- Identifying The Company Hazards
- Writing A Safety Plan
- Implementing A Safety Plan
Each module can be taken separately. All modules can be adjusted to your needs.