This 2-day workshop focuses on meeting preparation, meeting procedure and practical exercises that will help you when writing minutes. The writing exercises are designed to be highly participative, and will enable participants to practice their new listening, note taking and summarizing skills and learn how to select the most important points when writing and compiling minutes. We encourage you to bring a sample of minutes you have produced, to review and refer to at the training.
- The objectives of meetings, the various types of meetings and the roles of the people who attend the meetings
- Tips to help you summaries and take down the most important points
- Who is responsible for taking the minutes?
- Layout of information in a style that suited to your organization
- Note taking techniques and minutes’ formats
- To ultimately produce a clear, concise, and correct set of minutes
- The writing techniques & vocabulary for minutes
- Module One: Effective Meeting Preparation
- Module Two: The Objectives of Meetings
- Module Three: The Role of the Minute Taker
- Module Four: Listening Skills
- Module Five: Principles of Minute Taking
- Module Six: After The Meeting