Writing is a key method of communication for most people, and it’s one that many people struggle with. This workshop will give participants a refresher on basic writing concepts such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It will also provide an overview of the most common business documents such as proposals, reports, and agendas. All of this will provide that extra edge in the workplace.
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas,email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques in writing agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills.
- List guidelines in printing and publishing business writing.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: Working with Words
- Module Three: Constructing Sentences
- Module Four: Creating Paragraphs
- Module Five: Writing Meeting Agendas
- Module Six: Writing E-mails
- Module Seven: Writing Business Letters
- Module Eight: Writing Proposals
- Module Nine: Writing Reports
- Module Ten: Other Types of Documents
- Module Eleven: Proofreading and Finishing